· No food or drinks allowed (unless approved by Management)
· No Smoking on the deck smoking only alowed on the concrete pavilion area.
· Kids are the responsibility of the parents (we are not a daycare)
Games play rules:
· Each match will be best of 3 rally scoring sets
· If time is up and a team has won the first 2 games the 3rd game is not played
· First two sets are played to 21, Must win by two points (25 point cap)
· Third set is played to 15 , Must win by two points (18 point cap)
· Maximum of three hits per side
· Player may not hit the ball twice in succession (A block is not considered a hit)
· Ball may be played off the net during a volley and on a serve
· A ball hitting a boundary line is “in”
· A ball is “out” if it hits…
o the ground completely outside the court,
o the referee stand or pole,
· It is legal to contact the ball with any part of a players body
· It is illegal to catch, hold, or throw the ball
· If two or more players contact the ball at the same time, it is considered one play and either player involved may make the next contact (provided the next contact isn’t the teams 4th hit)
· A player can not block or attack a serve from on or inside the 10 foot line
· After the serve, front line players may switch positions at the net
· The deck is out of bounds a player may not step onto the deck to play the ball
Basic Volleyball Rules Violations
The following are some basic volleyball rules for violations.
The result of a violation is a point for the opponent.
· When serving, stepping on or across the service line as you make contact with the serve
· Failure to serve the ball over the net successfully
· Contacting the ball illegally (lifting, carrying, throwing, etc. )
· Touching the net with any part of the body while the ball is in play.
Exception: If the ball is driven into the net with such force that it causes the net to contact an opposing player, no foul will be called, and the ball shall continue to be in play.
· When blocking a ball coming from the opponents court, contacting the ball when reaching over the net is a violation if both:
1) your opponent hasn’t used 3 contacts AND
2) they have a player there to make a play on the ball
· When attacking a ball coming from the opponents court, contacting the ball when reaching over the net is a violation if the ball hasn’t yet broken the vertical plane of the net.
· Crossing the court centerline with any part of your body.
Exception: if it’s the hand or foot, the entire hand or entire foot must cross for it to be a violation.
· Serving out of order.
· Back row player blocking (deflecting a ball coming from their opponent), when at the moment of contact the back row player is near the net and has part of his/her body above the top of the net (an illegal block).
· Back row player attacking a ball inside the front zone ( the area inside the 10 foot line), when at the moment of contact the ball is completely above the net (an illegal attack).